Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Scones


I'm not sure if I just eat too much or what but I swear when I make recipes it says it serves 4 but yet me and Ryan always finish it off ourselves?? Whatever, I'm just gonna keep telling myself that the authors don't eat enough, LOL! These are really good scones, even without the glaze if youre feeling too guilty to add it!

Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Scones

PB Scones
1 1/2 c AP flour
2 TBSP sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBSP margarine
1/4 c crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c soymilk

Choc PB Glaze
1/3 c confectioners sugar
1/2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 TBSP creamy PB
1 TBSP plain soy milk

Preheat oven to 400. Combine flour through salt, and use a fork to press the margarine and peanut butter into the mixture. When it begins to resemble large crumbs add the vanilla and slowly drizzle in the soymilk. while stirring. Drop the dough into a circle and cut into 4 quarters. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 min.

Mix all ingredients for the glaze together and drizzle over the scones once theyve cooled a bit.

No comments: