Saturday, February 23, 2008

Orange Sesame Tofu


So it's official, I do not and never will like Tofu. I've tried it at health food restaurants, I've tried cooking it at home, I've tried it at chinese restaurants and I DONT like it! But Ryan does, so I figured I'd give it another go ahead and see if I could learn to like it. Not gonna happen! But if you like tofu you'll love this. Ryan said it was his fave tofu so far!

Ingredients
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1/2 fresh squeezed OJ
1 tsp orange zest
3 Tbsp tamari
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 pkg extra firm tofu sliced in 1/4 inch thick squares
1 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In an 8x12 baking dish combine arrowroot with 2 Tbsp OJ and stir. Add remaining juice and ingredients except tofu and stir. Add tofu and turn to coat. Cover and refridgerate to marinade for an hour or longer. To bake, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Take out, remove foil stir and bake another 9 minutes without foil.

At this point the recipe ends, but I decided to throw the tofu chunks on the stove and fry them up for a few minutes on each side so they aren't so bouncy, LOL! Your choice...depends on how you like them!

No comments: