Monday, January 21, 2008

Super Rich Brocolli Soup and Mashed Taters




I made this delicious brocolli soup in the vitamix and had cut up too many potatoes so I decided I misewell make some mashed taters to go along with the soup but we ended up loving it as a gravy on the soup along with some soy bacon bits that our local health food store just started carrying! If I make it again as a gravy I will definitely cut back on the taters in the soup recipe.

Brocolli Soup

Ingredients
Medium head of brocolli
3 potatoes diced
1 veggie broth cube
salt and pepper

Boil the brocolli and potatoes with the veggie cube in about 5 cups of water. After about 10 minutes drain the water and throw the brocolli and taters in the vitamix. Puree and serve with salt and pepper or any seasons to your taste.

Vegan Mashed Taters

Boil some chopped up potatoes for about 15 minutes, drain the water and mix soy milk, earth balance, 1 tsp nutrional yeast and some salt and pepper.

No comments: