Thursday, October 25, 2007

Baking, Baking and Baking



I was determined to find a recipe to use up some more of the apples that were given to me so I decided to modify my apple crumble recipe a bit into muffins. Once I already had everything out I decided to go ahead and make a breakfast muffin for the next day because my friend and I were planning on shopping all day and I wanted something quick and easy in my purse to snack on. They were both very good but the carrot one seemed bland when eaten after the apple one, but thats a given it would happen so just don't make them together and you'll be good :)



I didnt have apple cider for the muffins so I used apple juice instead and I didnt have cloves so I just completely omitted it from the recipe and they were still amazing!!

Apple Pie Crumb Cake Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking poweder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup apple cider
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup grated apple
1/2 cup choped apple

For The Topping
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
pinch of salt
3 Tbsps canola oil

Prepare the topping by mixing all topping ingredients together until crumbs form. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease a twelve muffin tin. Mix all dry ingredients from flour to salt and make a well in the center and add the apple cider, oil, and vanilla. Mix. Lastly add in the grated and chopped apple. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and add topping. Bake for 22 minutes.



These are great fo breakfast muffins on the go...they are not to sweet so their good for early mornings.

Carrot Raisin Muffins
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrot

Preheat oven to 400. Soak the raisins in a bowl of hot water while you mix all the ingredients. Lastly remove the raisins from the water and add them in. Fill the tins and bake 18 to 22 minutes. It took me about 19, you know theyre done when you can poke a knife in the center and it comes out clean.

No comments: