Thursday, October 25, 2007

Potato Pizza

I found this recipe from fat free vegan ages ago and have been meaning to try it for a long time and could never find someone who was willing to experiment and try it with me. My roommate Shandon finally agreed (shes my guinea pig by the way...I always make her try my cooking, LOL) and we ended up really liking it.



Potato Pizza
2 large baking potatoes
Your choice of toppings (bell pepper, onion, zuchini etc.)
Basil
Soy parmesan

For the sauce
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
1/8 tsp fennel seed (didnt have this, didnt use it)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
s&p

Cut the potatoes in half and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. While the taters are cooking saute the onion and garlic, add 1/3 of the diced tomatoes and put the rest in a blender and add to the saucepan once pureed. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low till the taters are done. When the taters are done, take them out of the oven, spread them with the sauce and put on your toppings. Put them back in the oven for 20 more minutes and sprinkle with parmesan and basil and serve.

No comments: