Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rawesome Nut Dip



I have been really into eating raw recently. I have yet to get a raw cookbook, I am still adjusting to veganism but I found a recipe for a delicious raw nut dip in my new eat, drink and be vegan cookbook and it was by far the best dip I have ever had!

Rawesome Nut Dip

1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw pistachios
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 tbsp water
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 tsp fresh thyme

In a food processor combine all ingredients from almonds to water. Puree until smooth (this took me a good 10 minutes, but I don't have the best blender) Add basil and thyme and puree again until well combined.

1 comment:

Randomguru said...

Cool! I found your raw nut dip recipe through the Google search engine, naturally. :)

I'll have to try this one out. But maybe just stay with one type of nut at a time. My tummy is rather sensitive to nuts sometimes.

Take care!
~carlos